Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Soundtrack

Snowed in again and still working on a borrowed laptop. Can't complain. I'm safe and warm. The words are flowing and Sade's new album is playing in the background. I've heard a few writers say that they've created playlists that carried them through...or rather aided them during projects and the writing process. I can agree with this. I'll find myself stuck on a certain song. It sets the mood for a scene building in my head...soft and sweet or hard and violent. Beautiful and sweeping or with just the right amount of edge to fit the scene or even a certain character. Somedays I find myself listening to the same song on repeat for hours on end while I'm making notes or just writing non-stop. Wuchich song am I stuck on at the moment? Sade's "The Moon & The Sky." Take a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment