Thursday, February 18, 2010

Not Quite Friday

Woke up tired and smiling just that little bit, my head swimming with the surety that Friday had arrived and all good things with it. Alas, it is but Thursday and there's another day to slough through. Why so down...I'm stll without my laptop and feeling it. The notebooks are nice but I can't get back into my flow of working on the projects I've got going already this way. Scenes and dialogue come out as note and pieces to be put together at a later date.

Happy thoughts and good distractions...I've found myelf watching the Olympics again this year. It always amazes me, the things that some people can pull off and just the heights they can reach...how fast they can go. I honestly admire them. Though, I'm not even the least bit tempted to strap on a pair of skis or snowboard and try my hand at their death-defying feats. I am awed by their daring but content to live vicariously and been thrilled when they are and ache for their attempts that end in heartbreak. It's weird. They spend years and years working up to one moment (in some cases two...they get two runs sometimes and come out using the best school). Sometimes its a case of national pride and how can you not cheer for the person meant to represent for your country (esp when they're totally kicking ass...go Shaun/Shani/Lindsey/Apollo and the beat...list goes on ;) ) Other times its a case of wow...look what that person has done...you've gotta admire it...no matter where they're from. Spent last night watching with friend and I swear we cheered hard and louder than a few weeks ago during the Superbowl (Go Saints! Who dat ;) haha)

No focus today....feeling all over the place with this thing and that is why it should be Friday. Thank god I'm off today.

No comments:

Post a Comment