Sunday, March 14, 2010

This is a stickup

WOW. New experiences everyday. As a writer I usually revel in that aspect in life but this one....this one I could've done without. Calgon...take me away already.

No, I wasn't held up...well not by a robber. It was a copper. Yes. Stopped for the first time ever on a rain slicked Saturday night or Sunday eve, rather. Was I speeding, officer? Nope. Suspended tags? I'm sorry...what. My dear sweet friend almost cringed at my side in the passenger seat. It was her car you see. She'd asked me to drive since she didn't have her glasses.

So, there I sat, comforting her while they ran her paperwork and MY license. All I could think...hmm, will this shit show up on my newly existent record. Am I in the system? Perp walk. I keep joking about that, but what does it mean. I didn't have to do one. The officer was actually super nice in the face of my friend's incredibly stupid questions.

Curiosity assuaged. Perp walk = ((The term perp walk is an American slang term which refers to the police practice of intentionally parading an arrested suspect (or "perp", short for "perpetrator") through a public place so that the media may observe and record the event. The suspect is typically handcuffed or otherwise restrained, and is often dressed in prison garb.)) Thank you ever so much wiki. I do watch L&O but for some reason the actual meaning escaped me.

Yeah...that didn't happen. LOL. Still super embarrassing despite the blessedly late hour and thankfully that sangria I'd had much much hours and hours and hours earlier in the night was long out of my system.



Yeah, yeah yeah. I know. No sound. Not my fault. I didn't upload it...but couldn't find it anywhere else and I couldn't really invite you all over to watch my DVDs so this will have to do. The video and I'll post the transcript from the scene. It's pertinent...trust me. ;)

Okay so watch the scene and read... (oh..I don't own any of this)

5.22 - A House is Not A Home - (109)
This transcript is from the collection found at http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/gilmoregirls.

POLICE STATION
[Lorelai walks up to the counter.]

LORELAI: Hi. Hello. Yes, I'm here to pick up my daughter.

OFFICER: Your daughter's name?

LORELAI: Rory Gilmore. Lorelai Gilmore. She goes by Rory. I don't know what you have her under.

OFFICER: Rory Gilmore.

LORELAI: Oh, that's good, because she only answers to that. Not that she won't to the other, but -

OFFICER: She'll be out in a minute.

LORELAI: Okay. Thanks. [Pause.] Sorry, when you say she'll be out, do you mean out of a cell?

OFFICER: Yep.

LORELAI: So she was in a cell.

OFFICER: That's where we usually put people when they're arrested.

LORELAI: Was she in the cell alone?

OFFICER: It was a slow night. She had the place to herself.

LORELAI [relieved]: Oh, that's good. I mean, not that she's a snob. She can get along with anyone, it's just, it was her first time in a cell, so I didn't want her to be attacked, you know, like in Caged Heat? Or was it Switchblade Sisters? Anyway. I mean, my daughter never gets into trouble. Except, you know, now. But on the whole, the kid is an angel. She goes to Yale.

OFFICER: She'll be out in a minute.

LORELAI: Right. [She looks around.] I'm sorry. Are you, like, solving something?

OFFICER: What can I do for you?

LORELAI: I was just wondering. Is Rory in the system now? Because I just remember when Sipowicz's son accidentally got arrested because he looked like a drug dealer. Sipowicz was freaked out that the son was going to wind up in the system. And I just wonder, you know, should I be freaked out? And also, what exactly is the system? (Me: My thoughts exactly!!!)

OFFICER: She's got to go to court. They'll figure out what's going to happen.

LORELAI: And am I going to have to pay anything? I mean, bail? Does she need bail?

OFFICER: They're releasing her on a P.T.A. A promise to appear.

LORELAI: Oh, she will. She will appear. She might be there before you will.

OFFICER [losing patience]: I won't be there.

LORELAI: Right. But she will, 'cause she promised. I'll be over there.

[She walks over to sit on the other side of the room. Finn and Colin enter the station, chatting with each other.]

FINN: Well. This is much nicer than the last place we picked him up from.

COLIN: Yes, we definitely need to keep this one in mind for future infractions. Excuse me, Officer, we were wondering if one Logan Huntzberger has been released from your fine custody yet?

OFFICER: Nope. Have a seat.

COLIN: We'll be over here.

FINN: And if you have a moment we'd like to order some appetizers.

[The officer stares at him. He turns around. He and Colin sit near Lorelai, who listens to their conversation with a worried look on her face.]

FINN: So typical. Logan would have to get busted during the one time I almost got Rosemary to agree to go home with me.

COLIN: It's vintage Huntzberger, my friend. Friday nights end in jail.

FINN: The boy knows how to party.

COLIN: Stealing Richardson's boat. Genius.

FINN: Let's not forget the lovely Rory.

COLIN: Yes. Maxwell Smart finally found his Ninety-Nine.

OFFICER: Rory Gilmore is coming out now.

LORELAI: Oh, thank you.

COLIN: You're here for Rory?

LORELAI: Yeah.

FINN: Oh, well, we would have taken her home.

COLIN: Just so you know she was covered.

LORELAI [sarcastic]: Wow. The relief.

COLIN: I'm Colin. This is Finn. And you are?

LORELAI: Her mother.

FINN: My God, those are good genes.

[The door buzzes and Rory comes out. Lorelai gets up. They look at each other for a minute.]

LORELAI: You've got everything?

[Rory holds up her envelope of personal effects.]

LORELAI: Let's go.

[Rory follows her to the door. She glances at Colin and Finn in the corner. They kneel and worship her. She shakes her head at them. Once Lorelai and Rory are gone, they burst out laughing.]


OPENING CREDITS

***
Feeling better now...and it's three am. I've missed Daylight Savings haha. Went from 1am to 3am. Time flies. Think I'll watch GG...not the original (Golden Girls) which I loved or the contemporary (Gossip Girl) which is my very guilty pleasure but my snarky fast talking girls from the Hollow. Ugh. Stars Hollow haha.





No comments:

Post a Comment