Wednesday, March 31, 2010

M...A...N...Man

I remember joking with a good friend of mine after finding out that I'd been hired at my first REAL job. The others were just practice and nothing that would set me on my way for life. Benjamin put my excitement into prospective quite easily with the words..."Oh, man. You work for the MAN." Oh crap, the Man? Seriously. No one likes the Man. The Man gets a bad rap. What MAN am I talking about you ask? The man with the power. (cue you) What power? (me) The power of whodo (you cued) Whodo? (me again) You do. (now you) I do what? (me now) You remind me of a man (circling about) What man? (*raises hand*) The man with the power....

Yes...I'm stuck on movies. The first part was all me but then the last I got pulled into the vicious cycle of one of my favorite bantering quotes. Cary Grant and Myrna Loy (Shirley Temple there in the video) but CG & ML run through it again at the end. Love it.



And I got totally distracted from my rant...the MAN. Yes. I'm told that not only is everything I do on my work computer screen visible whenever they want to check in and make sure that I'm toeing the line but I can't bring my personal laptop to write or do homework...no sorry that's not right. I can't switch it on during breaks and lunch because of airwaves.........

M'kay.

You remind me of a man. What man? The man with the power. What power?

No comments:

Post a Comment