Saturday, May 7, 2011

Gotta Make a Move To a Town That's Right For Me

Talk about it talk about it ooooh baby. LOL. I could not remember the lyrics to funkytown for the life of me last night. You might wonder...Courtney why the sudden fascination with disco? Well, last night was the publication party and my book is "Population Crazytown" and my lovely reading group...my amazing supportive reading group met up with me early on in the semester. They read through my collection and pulling it all together...Crazytown. The characters and all their nueroses and their self-isolation were completely crazytown. So last night signing a copy of for the amazing Rafe Posey I completely blanked....well that and the venue for our publication party/reading was apparently closing and we got the old "You ain't gotta go home, but you need to get the hell out of here." Well, they were a bit more polite than that but still. So I had the sudden urge to find the song and ended up pulling a Risky Business and shaking my thang...disco had its issues but the music certainly gets you moving.

3 comments: